Friday, September 14, 2007

Just Chillin' Out

Well I wanted to stop in and say, "Hi!" I'm just sitting around hanging out with the students. To show this is a high tech generation. There are 7 of us in the room, 5 have out our laptops. All of us brought our laptops with us to Montevideo.

Today has been a nice day. Its great to have two Saturdays every weekend. We didn't do much in the morning... it was raining so most of us lazed around the house. In the afternoon, a bunch of us wandered down to the city center. It was fun, although, I think we ended up in a not as great neighborhood when we wandered down to the Rio. Of course as one student said, "If you are down by the shipping docks in any city... you aren't going to be in a good area of town." There were 7 of us and it was in the middle of the afternoon, so we didn't think we'd be mugged.

We did a lot of souvenir shopping, not really buying, but just looking around. It is very strange that no matter where you go in the world, you can buy replicas of "The David" and "The Last Supper." I wasn't going to buy anything, but of course I found a painting of Tango dancers that I couldn't resist.

Oh, the student who got hurt went back to the doctor today. They couldn't do an MRI on his knee for various reasons, but we might be able to get it done when we go to B.A. next week. Anyway, the doctor is pretty sure its just a sprain. The student was able to move his knee today at the doctor. So its looking better.

Well so no clever post today... I have a list of clever things for days that I feel clever. That's using clever too many times in a row... but I'm not with it enough to come up with something better. :)

No comments: