Monday, September 10, 2007

El Fin de Semana

The weekend...

The rest of the weekend was pretty quiet. I slept super late for me on Saturday - 10:40 AM!!! I spent most of the rest of the day watching rugby or tennis. I think I'll at least be able to speak sports' Spanish by the time I leave. I was in theory doing school work too... but that was really only in theory.

Around 5, I decided I had to get out of the house, so Anne and I walked to the grocery store. I spend lots of time in the grocery store staring at stuff trying to figure out what exactly I want to buy. Then I came back and went to dinner with Matt. When we got back, I joined the group watching Dodgeball, which was way funnier than I expected.

Sunday, almost our entire group went to church and Bible class. Afterwards, Rhonda and I went to a market then lunch. The weather here has been unseasonably warm... as in in the upper 70's lower 80's rather than upper 50's lower 60's. We sat on the porch of the restaurant looking at el Rio de la Plata and the park. I know its a rough life.

In the afternoon, I pretended to work again. Kimberly, Jennifer, and I were the only ones to go to church in the evening. It was fun with just 3 of us, because they were more willing to try English, and to be honest I was more willing to try Spanish. Then we had Subway. (Yup there is a Subway in walking distance.)

When I got home I got to watch U.S. football. Apparently they show the NFL here on Sunday and Monday nights! Good times!

No comments: