Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Apartment Tour

Welcome to my home!

The kitchen is the first thing you encounter when you enter my apartment. As you can see I use the kitchen table the same way here that I do at home: As a place to collect my purses, school stuff, and other assorted junk. You can also see that I have full sized refrigerator.

I have a little stove, a toaster oven, microwave, and a coffee maker. You can see more evidence that I live here in that there is an empty Diet Coke bottle on the counter.

From the front door you can see down a long hall. The first door you encounter on the right is the office. The door you can see at the end of the hall is for the bathroom. The bedroom is just around the corner at the end.

And here's the office. Just like my office at ACU, papers are everywhere. Its not quite as bad yet, but then again I've been here less than a week. :)

Here's the bathroom with the nice marble counter tops. Its waaaayyy bigger than my bathroom at home.

And here is my sitting/ bedroom. I actually rearranged it so that I could have a sitting area in front of the TV in case I wanted to watch something with people in my apartment. This way we don't all have to pile on the bed... That might have been weird. (Again... do you like how I already have papers everywhere in the apartment?)

The room has a giant post in the middle of it. Its structural, so it has to stay... I haven't run into it yet, but I figure it is only a matter of time. When I rearranged the room I pushed the bed into a somewhat awkward spot, but it works for a single person. The little hallway on the other side of the bed leads to a back door, that actually goes into a hallway that leads back to the girls rooms. (The building has an atrium in the middle. My apartment is on 1 1/2 sides and there are girls rooms on the other 2 1/2 sides).

Finally, here are my dressers and TV. I know very exciting, but I figured at least the Cukrowski's would want to see the whole room. Its really pretty big.

3 comments:

Hilary said...

I personally love the fact that you already have papers everywhere. I would worry about you if you didn't!!! Looks like a nice place to live. Try not to enjoy that big bathroom too much. We do want you to come back!

Karen said...

OK, you were right. I wanted to see absolutely everything. Excellent job, my friend! And is Hilary joking? Is there a big bathroom? I don't remember being told one way or another, but then, I forget everything.

Hmmmm... should my girls stay in the dorm out the back door with the students or should we undo the office and turn it into a bedroom for them? [I'm leaning toward the dorm and turn the office into more of a living room/communal space for family; whatcha think?

I already miss you, Autumn. I hope you're having a wonderful time, however!

Love you,
Karen

Karen said...

OK, I'm a dork. I somehow skipped over the picture of the nice, big bathroom. Very nice.
Karen-who-scrolled-down-too-fast