Monday, September 17, 2007

Cast of Characters Part I - Los Estudiantes


Well I keep talking about the students and its time I introduce them... so here they are left to right.

Anne is a biochem major from Memphis. Luke just behind her is also a biochem major and is from Lubbock. They are taking both of the upper level chemistry classes. So we spend 8 hours a week together in class.

Kelsey in the red jacket is from American Samoa and is my third biochem major. Kelsey is rooming with Chelsea, a poli sci/ international relations major from the Metroplex. Chelsea is in my intro chem class. (I'm right behind Chelsea.)

Next to Chelsea is Jonathan S. Jonathan isn't sure what he's majoring in, but is at least finishing his chemistry minor with biochem. Jonathan and Kelsey, both normally go to Minter Lane with me.

Next comes Matt, our LCU student. Matt is a senior and is spending his last semester in South America.

Nikita is next to Matt and is in my intro chem class. She is one of our two Californians majoring in nursing.

Caitlyn and Jenna are next. They are also both in intro chem. Caitlyn is from Indiana and Jenna is from small town Texas.

None of the last three students are in any of my classes. First, comes Jonathan F., a psychology major from Lubbock. Then Jennifer, our second Californian nursing major. I had Jennifer in class a couple of years ago. Last of the students is Kimberly, an education major from Austin. She also serves as our R.A. So she gets the lucky job of assigning people their weekly duties and helping to organize chapel.

Last but not least in the picture on the far right is Rhonda Collier, the on-sight director.

So our students basically break down into three groups of four, from my perspective:

The Scientists: Anne, Luke, Jonathan S., and Kelsey -- They are all in biochem, while only Luke and Anne are crazy enough to take two upper level chemistries while at study abroad.

The Intro chemists: Jenna, Chelsea, Caitlyn, and Nikita. We spend an hour a day four days a week together.

Not in my class: Matt, Jonathan F., Jennifer, and Kimberly. Its kind of nice not to have a few students in class.

No comments: