Sunday, September 2, 2007

Devo on the Beach and City Tour


We started our first full day in Uruguay with a walk down to the closest beach which is on the Rio De La Plata. It was a beautiful morning and a great way to start the semester.

For lunch Raquel fixed chivitos, which I had been instructed to try by Dr. Brown. They lived up to his descriptions.

In the afternoon, we went for a walking tour of the city. Carolina acted as our guide. We got to see exciting things like the statue and ashes of Artigas, Uruguay's national hero. Kelsey commented on the fact that Montevideo reminds her of Aukland in Spanish. I think I agree with her.

In the evening I walked down with a couple girls to the grocery store and had some excitement trying to order cheese at the deli and figuring out how to get vegetables. The rest of evening we hung out at the house. At some point, when things calm down I'll describe the house and my apartment which is pretty good sized.

1 comment:

Karen said...

You're doing such a great job with this blog (and yes, I'm a dork that I couldn't find the blog address RIGHT THERE on your profile). It's informative and FUN! :)
Thanks for taking the time to write all this down!
Love you,
Karen