Saturday, September 29, 2007

Just checking in...

I don't have anything too new and exciting to say, but I thought I would say, "Hi" and tell you about the last couple of days.

I love the weekends here, because they are always three day weekends. Its handy having two Saturdays in theory you can play one and work the other... or in my case... play more. I've been to aerobics 3 times in the last two days. I went with Anne in the morning yesterday, then went again with Kelsey in the evening. I didn't have anything pressing to do. Then I went again this morning. I keep having to remind myself that I'm in my 30's and my legs might fall off if I keep this up. Mainly, I go because it cracks me up so much. I mean anytime you can hear, Nirvana with a techno beat (that's the song of the weekend), why would you miss?

In the afternoon, Kimberly and I went to the book fair downtown. I even bought some books. All kids books. Two of them I pretty much understood. I translated the other one today... it took me an hour.

Today, most of the girls went to Colonia to have a girls day. As I said earlier, I went to the gym, then headed to the park (the weather is gorgeous) to sit outside and do work. I did my Spanish homework and translated the aforementioned book. Oh on the way home from the gym I talked to one of the girls from class.... IN SPANISH... not well... but I think we communicated.

Now Jonathan Sims and I are sitting around watching Rugby. He's starting on his message of the Old Testament class. They had to take a "Which Old Testament character are you?" quiz. I, of course, couldn't resist. So I'm Moses and it here's what it says about Moses:

"Humble Strong Confident" So far so good.

"Moses is the lawgiver - he does not tolerate other views - its his way or the highway. Moses is a loving man but he lacks a soft touch. Moses wants to get down to business. No frills just the bottom line."

Um... I'm not sure how I feel about that... :) No comments from the peanut gallery... it is my way or the highway after all!

4 comments:

Hilary said...

Oh, please let me comment!!! I took that quiz once, but I don't remember who I was. At least Moses got to perform miracles. The things you can do with chemicals could seem miraculous to the untrained eye like mine. See, that's good! I'll comment on the my-way-or-the-highway thing later. : )

Autumn said...

Well... Jonathan said it was scarily accurate for a pretty crazy quiz...

X-Phile said...

Hahahahahahahahaha. That is all I have to say. Oh, wait:
Hahahahahahahaha. Okay. That's it.

Heather Sutherlin said...

Just so you know - I'm calling you Momma Moses from now on!
BWAAHAAHAAHAA!