Friday, November 23, 2007

English Class Party (and some notes)

Last Tuesday was the end of our tutoring people from church in English. To celebrate 10 weeks of classes and Rhonda's mother being in town we had a party and gave out certificates to those who completed the course. I was a bit skeptical about how it would go, but it turned out to be a blast. Not only did our "students" come, but so did most of the church. It was really a great time together. Of course anytime food and friends are together, it should be entertaining.


Everyone mixed and mingled. I took a lot of pictures, that way I wouldn't have to make small talk in either language.


This is Pablo, the guy who teaches our Sunday morning class, we gave him a hard time because he came to the first class then didn't show up to English class again until it was time for a party.

Oscar constantly talks about what a great Chelsea was.

And this is my "student" Sylvia. I really enjoyed getting to know her. She is someone that I have grown comfortable enough with to actually speak Spanish.

A couple of other notes:
My aunt Luanne died on Tuesday. The memorial service was today (actually while I'm writing.) Please remember my Uncle Roy, my grandparents, and the rest of the family in your prayers.

We are off to Brazil for the week. We are taking our own bus and are staying in one place, so we don't have to worry about being efficient packers. I'm taking way too much. Its like when I drive home rather than fly. :) The hotel we are staying in is supposed to have free wi-fi, so I am taking my computer and plan to update the blog periodically. That way I can show you all pictures from Foz de Iguazu and make you super jealous! :)

No comments: