Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Tango and Rain

Those two don't really have much to do with each other except they are the most notable things from the past few days. I mentioned in my last post that it started raining when we left Expo Prado. It hasn't really stopped since. I was excited to see the rain at first... but I'll admit, its getting a bit old.

Rain does bring good things, especially Tortas Fritas. They are a fried bread that we put dulce de leche (caramel) or honey and cinnamon or whip cream and cinnamon on. So good. They are traditionally served in Uruguay on rainy days. So we've had them on Friday, Monday, and today. (We didn't have them over the weekend, because we don't know how to make them for ourselves.)

On Sunday, I went back to Raquel's church. It was drizzling on the trip over, which made it a bit more exciting to try to spot the bus stop. When I got to church, I greeted one of the girls who is 10 or so. She asked me how I was. I said fine... then she said, "You're wet." I did get good Spanish practice at church. I even surprised everyone (myself included) by making a comment during a discussion.

Last night was Tango lesson night at Casa. As women outnumber men 4:1 in CasaACU, and Rosalinda and I have done the lessons before, so we decided to sit the lessons out and just take pictures. Besides, I've already had pictures of me tangoing posted on a Chem/ Biochem bulletin board. It doesn't really need to happen again.  Here are a few pictures:

You must learn to walk before you dance.

Learning the first steps




No comments: