Monday, September 2, 2013

First Day of Classes

Today, as the title indicates, was the first day of classes. I taught one and attended two, so that's a pretty good balance I think.

The semester started off with biochem, so what can be better. :) It always takes me a day or two to get into the swing of teaching face to face after a few months off. But it was fine. It is also really different to just have 4 in class.

In the afternoon, I went to Intermediate Spanish at Universidad de Montevideo with a couple of the girls. Its a class for people who are speaking Spanish as a second language. I was a bit nervous, although since I've had more advanced Spanish than intermediate, I knew I should be fine. And I was. I look forward to hopefully getting the grammar down better and expanding my vocabulary. The instructor was really great.

In the evening, two of the girls and I returned to one of my favorite places in Montevideo... the gym. The name has change and the location has moved around the corner. But its still the same awesome people. I guess Ezti told Fabricio that we were coming tonight. He showed up wearing an ACU shirt that I sent to him after my first trip down here, so 5-6 years ago. That was super cool. Dario was finishing up a class while we were waiting outside. While teaching he stopped to give up a big wave. Class (Fight program) was fun as always. 

On the way home, the girls kept saying that they couldn't believe how fun it is. I'm not sure what it is they do there... but the classes are extra fun. Another great quote was when one of the girls said something along the lines that "We really are living here. We are joining a gym."

No comments: