Wednesday, September 9, 2009

It takes two to Tango, but no profe required

Monday night was Tango night at CasaACU. I had promised Dario I'd go to his step class which was at the same time. (I didn't know they were at the same time when I made the promise.) He wasn't there which is a whole other story, but it did give me a convenient excuse to miss the beginning of the lessons and just take pictures of everyone dancing. I did the tango lessons last time, and it was fun, but kind of awkward. :) Instead I took something like a hundred pictures in an effort to get a few good ones.


After the guys and girls had practiced their steps alone, the instructors told them to get a partner and start trying to dance. That led to this awkward moment when everyone just ended up in a big circle trying to figure out what to do. Back to Junior High.

They started out having everyone dance at arms length, which is easier.

Then after they had practiced at arms length for awhile, the instructors showed them how they were supposed to be for the dance. The instructor told them to leave room for another person. Wimon piped up and told them to leave for Jesus. For the record, this picture isn't posed, I managed to catch them just as they started and were looking at me.

Because the girls out number the guys two to one, the instructors brought more people to help. This was the favorite guy for the girls to dance with. My favorite Facebook description of him by one of the girls: "The hot guy who didn't speak English, but his sweater smelled good." That's a longer nickname than we usually give people when we don't know their names, but it works.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have SO little rhythm; that's why I chose Coc--no clapping or dancing. ;)

Ken

n8 said...

This is exactly the sort of thing that could lead to dancing.

Unknown said...

he is pretty hot, autumn.... :-D

i'm jealous of you guys having in house tango lessons. we didn't get that with the penyas and you know me, i'm far too passive to do it without some serious incentive but looking back i wish i had been more proactive. c'est ma vie...

glad to see you are having a good time! you're so good at blogging.

kry05a said...

woot woot, was hot guy with the yummy sweater impressed with Jaimie's skills? coz she's awesome, you know...:)