Friday, September 18, 2009

I bought Sin in a Bottle

Early this week I went to the store and bought some shampoo, conditioner, and nail polish. Tonight I happened to look more closely at the bottle and noticed the color was called "Pecado" or Sin. Its a pretty great color. Anyway, I couldn't resist the blog title. I wish sin was always so easy to recognize.

Well to fill you in on the last of the week... Wednesday afternoon, my biochem class let me start class 15 min early so we could end 15 min early. That way some of the girls and I could go to Dario's class at the gym. I had been in Uruguay almost 3 weeks and had yet to go to his class. It was way fun, of course. Wednesday night, I went out to eat with Wimon and Rosalinda at Molto Bene.

Thursday morning we all piled into a bus at 8:15 AM to go to the Port so we could get our vaccinated against yellow fever before we go to Brazil. 14 of the students and I all had to get one. My arm still is a bit sore. Afterwards, we went to the Brazilian embassy to apply for our Brazilian visas.

Thursday afternoon I went with Rosalinda to the visitors tea of the American Women's Association. It is made up mostly of older Uruguayan ladies who at some point lived in the States and have US citizenship. Apparently the US citizenship is a very important part of being a member, they won't let a Canadian join. Anyway, it was a fun experience. I met a baptist missionary from Russelville, AR and a Canadian lady who loves my favorite sitcom, "Canadian Gas." The little old ladies were hilarious, they talked while each other was presenting and bickered and were just generally funny old ladies.

This morning (Friday) I had to get up and teach... what a tragedy... we had moved P-Chem to today because of the shots and trip to the embassy on Thursday. It was a cool and rainy day, so it was a nice day to stay inside. Which of course means by 3, I was super ready to get out of the house, so I went to pick up my laundry and went to the grocery store with a couple of the girls.

Tonight, Lauren fixed dinner for everyone. This apparently is going to become a weekly tradition. She fixed a Mexican casserole and did a good job of finding substitute ingredients. I helped her make Spanish rice.

After dinner, all the students but one, yes even the boys, went to the gym. Because its a rainy night, not many Uruguayos were there. Which was good since there were 16 of us. It was big fun. I can't accurately describe how funny some of the antics of the boys were.

All in all its been another great week!

No comments: