Sunday, October 21, 2007

Swimming in the Rio de Mendoza

We went white water rafting this morning. I´m sure I will write about this in more detail later, but it was awesome. We rafted down the Mendoza river which has water that is run-off from the snow from the Andes, and yes that means its cold! So we went rafting with the Andes above us. Our guides were awesome. We had two rafts, each group thought they had the better guide, so that´s good. Estaban, our guide, was really funny. He gave us several commands including ''Splash'' which lead to us splashing the other canoe copiously. At one point he kidnapped Anne out of the other canoe. As in he had us row close, reached over and drug Anne into our raft. It was pretty funny... especially since he then made her get back in the other canoe. The most excitement was when we were surfing some rapids and Jonthan S. and I got dumped out. Did I tell you the river was cold? It wasn´t scary at all... don´t worry. Anyway, it was a blast.

We are currently trying to convince someone to dry 9 pairs of shoes for us before we take an overnight trip to Santiago de Chile. If not there are going to be some STINKY shoes!

Oh have I mentioned that I can see the Andes???

1 comment:

Shelly said...

love it. I am stinking up your shoes as I write.