Thursday, October 4, 2007

Hola!

Hello, all! I don't really have much new to say. This week has been a pretty typical week. Don't get me wrong, its been great. But I figure you are getting tired of aerobics is soooo much fun stories. We are currently trying to figure out how to pack our instructors in our suitcases to bring them home.

Or I could tell you again how fantastic my students are. Oh one funny story from Intro chem... Earlier in the week, we were talking about how to determine the caloric value of food. I drew a calorimeter (which is what you measure the caloric value in) with a loaf of bread on the inside. Well, to give you an idea of what my artistic skills are... One of the girls thought it was a rat turd. (I know gross!) So then for the rest of class, we talked about determining the caloric value of a rat turd. I know... it sounds more like I'm teaching 13 year old boys than college aged women. :)

I'm also grateful that my weekend starts Thursdays at 12:30! :)

Tomorrow, we are heading to an estancia (ranch, really more of a dude ranch), so I'm sure I'll have a lot of stories.

I do have a couple of prayer requests: My aunt Luanne has been diagnosed with cancer. Please pray her, my uncle, and the rest of my family as they deal with her treatments. And even more... pray for her to be healed!

The second is that one of the retired members of the ACU chemistry dept, who I also go to church and Bible class with, had three heart attacks on Tuesday night. (I know! OUCH!!!) To be even more painful, one of them blew/ tore a whole in his heart. (Yikes!) He came out of surgery and is awake. Please pray for healing!

No comments: