Sunday, July 17, 2011

Insert cleverish title here

Well it's a rainy Sunday afternoon and I'm watching my third futbol match of the day, and decided to update my blog. (I'm also trying to avoid napping so I'll sleep tonight... but its really hard with the rain against the metal roof!

Friday, I went to school early and Eric and I worked on our homework some. David showed up a little later and we all conferred to make sure we understood one part. The three of us went to lunch. Eric had left Jenee at home when he came to study. We got a bit worried when she wasn't there when class started, but her bus had gotten stuck in a traffic jam. She eventually got there.

After class we all went to get something to drink and make plans for Saturday. I had dinner with Isabel and Jorge. Isabel and I talked for like 3 hours. I was very tired when I went to bed.

Saturday, Eric, Jenee, David, and I met to see Harry Potter. I live the closest to the theatre, so I got there early to buy tickets. You actually select your seats when you buy them, so that was kind of nice. I enjoyed the movie.

After the movie, we went to an exhibition about DaVinci. It included a bunch of his machines. All the signs were only in Spanish, which we could read, but we were all exhausted when we were done.  We then headed home.

Once I got home I watched Uruguay beat Argentina in the quarterfinals of the Copa America!  Soy Celeste!  It was nerve-racking though as it came down to penalty shots.  When Jorge and Isabel came home from Mass, we went out to eat with her sister and brother-in-law.

This morning I went to church.  The preacher spoke in mind-numbingly fast Spanish.  The rest went fine.  I didn't stay for class as my brain was already melted.  I stopped at the mall near our house on the way home.  They have a store called Universal that is more or less a department store without clothes.  They had books including textbooks INCLUDING a Biochem book in Spanish written by the Professor I worked for in grad school.  I seriously considered buying the Spanish version... until I realized it was almost $100.  It was funny... but not that funny.  I just did not expect to look down in a store in Costa Rica and see "Victor W. Rodwell" written on anything.

This afternoon while trying to stay awake, my afternoon has been filled with futbol.  I watched Paraguay beat Brazil.  (It's been super fun to watch the "Guays" take out the big boys of South American futbol.)  I also watched Japan beat the US to win the Women's World Cup.  Actually I was flipping back and forth between those two.  Now we've started watching Venezuela and Chile.  I think I'm rooting for Chile.  

I should start working on my homework, so I don't have to do it all in the morning.  We don't have a tour tomorrow.  So now you are caught up.  :)

No comments: