Monday, December 10, 2007

The Last Saturday and Sunday

At the party Saturday night, Dario had said something about Fabricio teaching class on Saturday morning. I had a hard time believing that he would get up and teach after the party, but headed to class anyway... sure enough... the gym was not open. I totally understood, as I was wiped out from being out late, and the party was still going when me left. I spent most of the rest of the day resting and working on packing.

In the evening, Rhonda and I went to Sylvia, Pedro, and Adoracion's house for tea. It was nice to go out to their house and visit. Afterwards, I came home and didn't do much and went to bed a little early. Unfortunately, a couple of the students woke me up about 20 min after I went to sleep... then I couldn't sleep for a couple of hours... I'm not bitter.

Sunday morning after worship, the church had a going way party for us. The party mainly consisted of visiting and them encouraging us to eat more and more food. Martin said some nice things about us, particularly Rhonda and I... I understood some of it. :) I keep thinking that I'm going to be able to understand everything everyone says... but I still can't understand everything, which is too be expected, but is sometimes frustrating. It was sad to have to start saying good-bye to everyone. I started taking pictures of groups of people, then one of the teens took over with my camera. I'll just show you a couple. :)


The church











After church, we headed to Raquel's for a cookout and a worship service with her church. It was nice, but I was getting super sleepy... as in I was having a hard time staying awake sitting outside... so I was really in trouble when the preaching started. It was really nice to get to go to Raquel's house though. Its funny, I hadn't been to anyone's house in the three months I had been here, then I went to two houses two days in a row.

When we got home from Raquel's, I went face down on my bed. I don't generally nap (as I think this was my second or third nap of the semester), but I wasn't going to make it if I didn't get some sleep. After a nice half hour nap, I got up and got ready for evening service. I was excited because Pedro, Sylvia's husband preached. We hadn't heard him preach yet. After church, we said more good-byes (I hate those.)

After church I came back to my apartment to work on packing and cleaning. Caitlin worked on her take home exam on my computer. After we both got stuff done, we went to dinner at Molto Bene... it might be my last Molto Bene meal. I was excited to have our usual waiter. That's one of the fun things here. We go to lots of hole in the wall type places, so we get to know the folks that work there. Its really pretty cool.

Well there you go... that's how I spent my last weekend... I know I'm fascinating.

1 comment:

Karen said...

One of my favorite parts of your blog is the "real-ness" of it. I like hearing about people at church, waiters, aerobics instructors, and the like. You write a really great blog, and it's getting me ready to dive into Uruguay, our blog, and our Spring experiences!

But the most exciting thing is getting to see you AGAIN, even if we're exchanging places. At least there will be a little bit of time!

Peace,
Karen