Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Good Times

Since we didn't have class yesterday morning, Kelsey and I took the opportunity to go to another aerobics class. Of course! Have I mentioned that I love the gym? Afterwards, I came back to the house and worked on packing and cleaning up my room. I also had to put it back in the arrangement that it started in. (As one of my students put it... its just like being in the dorm.) In the afternoon I continued to work on packing... ah the joys of weight limits for bags... looks like I'm going to be lugging my chemistry books in my carry-on... Booooo... I also printed and gave my biochem final... so that was exciting.

I love having four students in my class. Because it only took me about 20 minutes to grade their final.

Anne, Kelsey and I headed to our last step class. Dario announced that is was our last step class and blew us a kiss. He's so great. I hadn't taken pictures in his class yet... so after messing up the routine the whole time because I was distracted by the idea of taking pictures... or something... I finally took some pictures of Dario's final step class.


Dario's signature move... Reverso!

Anne and Kelsey

Dario always has big finishes to the last time through the routine. I think I'm the only one in the room who thought Heisman!

When we returned to CasaACU it was time for our Christmas party. The students and Rhonda baked and iced Christmas cookies. Raquel had made a Hello Kitty cake for Caitlin... The woman is amazing... she can make anything. After the cookie baking we had a white elephant gift exchange (or as Rhonda called it... Dirty Santa... which creeped me out a bit.) Some of the highlights of the gift exchange include Luke receiving Caitlin's Travel portfolio, Jonathan getting tampons and chocolate, and Chelsea getting Matt's World Lit book... that didn't really belong to Matt. The two most fought over gifts were an ACU t-shirt and present that had a bottle of lotion and a vacuum pack bag. The highlight though was afterwards. The girls were trying to get Matt to put on the small hot pink ACU shirt. He said he would put it on if Luke put on the robe that Anne received. He agreed... pictures follow... warning it is a disturbing picture. :)

Making Cookies

Caitlin and the Cake

Jonathan was so happy to to get Tampax! (These are actually a highly valuable commodity... He was one of three people in the house who doesn't properly appreciate it.)

Nikita got lots of fun stuff!

Being outnumbered three to one by women can have disturbing effects!


After the party, Eric and Emiliano came over. We all sat around and talked for awhile... a long while... it was great fun. It was nice that Eric could talk to Emiliano in his native language quickly, rather than us (mainly the students who can speak Spanish) trying to spend a long time trying to figure out how to explain something.

It was a great last Monday.

1 comment:

Spencer said...

I have thoroughly enjoyed your blog this semester. Lauren Graham sent me the link to it. I was there last semester and I have loved reading about your experiences...mate, the rambla, Brazil. I think just about everything y'all did, I recognized people! I just wanted to let you know how much I've enjoyed your blog as I am here in Abilene missing Uruguay so much! Have a safe trip back!

Spencer
sbh04a