Friday, October 9, 2009

On the Road Again...

Well, we are heading off to Brazil in about 30 min. I thought I'd check in and tell you a bit about what's happened in the past week (outside of political activities.)

Yesterday was Raquel's birthday and we celebrated it today. To fixed poppy seed chicken... sans poppy seed. We had to make the cream of mushroom soup and sour cream, but it all worked out. Mariella arrived just as Matt and I were about to crumble the crackers on top. She saw the chicken mixed in the cream of mushroom/ sour cream sauce. She asked what it was, the best I could do was say it was chicken in mushroom soup. When she saw us start to put crackers on top, she said, "Comida Gringa?" (Gringo Food?) we laughed and said yes.

Dr. Julie Douthit and her family arrived on Tuesday. Dr. Douthit is working with the student in the education class. They spent Wednesday observing at the Uruguayan American school. Julie and her family are going with us to Brazil.

The weekend was pretty calm. I know people think this never happens here but I even was able to catch a picture of my students studying. We were all still trying to recover from our trip to Buenos Aires.

The Wednesday after returned from BsAs (yes we are back a week and a half now... I got behind or lazy depending on how you look at it), we went to Museo Blanes and the Japanese Gardens in Montevideo. The museum has two of the most famous Uruguayan painters. We were all exhausted, but it was the only day we could go. The students did a great job of not complaining.

OK... so I'm not going back and proofreading this one because I should go... I'm sorry if there are lots o' typos.

No comments: