Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sometimes I almost feel like a different species...

 Well, I'm now at my parents' house in Beebe, AR... but here's what happened my last couple of days:

Thursday was pretty normal.  I went to my morning class. At lunch, I went to pay my exit tax at the bank  In the evening I hung out with the family.  On Wednesday night, I had had my first nightmare about the beginning of school, so I spent part of Thursday evening working on school stuff.  

Friday I woke up early for no good reason, so I started packing.  When I got to school, I had a long conversation about politics with one the teachers.  I was pretty proud I pulled that off in Spanish.  Cathy and the boys were overly impressed... I guess they had never heard me speak Spanish really.  Which is sad since we had been in Costa Rica together for 5 weeks.  I also took some more pictures of the school and my teachers.

Forester from the front
The back garden at the school.
We liked sitting at the table on the back porch during breaks.  Cathy, Nigel, and Simone.
With my morning teacher, Halder.  I had him for the last week.
My teacher!  She was awesome, but you put us together and its hard to believe we are the same species... I'm probably not standing totally straight either.
    During our last class, Simone and I kept hijacking the conversation to reminisce, in Spanish of course.  At the end, I got a certificate.  After class, Simone, Violet, Cathy and the boys headed to Rio for one last time.  I went home.  Mathias was there and so was the neighbor girl who is 10.  We had a big time playing.  The little girl can actually speak quite a bit of English.  We spoke in Spanglish.  After dinner, Isabel and I visited for quite awhile.  Jorge even did the dishes so we could keep talking.  We then took pictures.

Mama Tica y Papa Tico.
We visited for awhile longer.  I was getting tired and headed up to finish packing.  I think it took me until about midnight to get it all organized.

Saturday I woke up even earlier than I needed to.  It turned out to be good, because my taxi came even earlier than we asked for.  (We had scheduled 6:30 instead it came at 6:15.)  Anyway... I worked on not crying... we loaded my stuff into the car and off I went.  I talked to the driver all the way to airport in Spanish... so I was pretty proud.

The trip home was super easy.  The flights went smoothly and my luggage made it.  Mom, Dad, and mom's college roommate picked me up.

No comments: