Thursday, August 4, 2011

An Opera or Captain America... same thing right?

This last week is flying by.  Last night (Tuesday) I got home early.  Isabel and Jorge were out and Mauricio was apparently asleep.  Papas Ticos called Mauricio to ask if I was home, he said no.  (I was in my room.)  They came home and were in the house for a little bit before they realized I was in my room.  We were invited to go to Isabel's sister's house for dinner.  So the Papas Ticos and I headed over to my Tios Ticos' house.  It was another night where I felt a bit like a pet.  Autumn, come.  Sit.  Watch TV. Eat. 

Actually its the first time I've felt a bit better about my Spanish.  (I feel like I can't say anything most of the time.)  BUT I could follow most of the conversation at dinner.  Usually I have a hard time with a bunch of people and with Isabel's sister and brother-in-law.  (Especially the first week I was here and we spent a lot of time with them.) Anyway... it was fun.

6 hours of classes a day are still brain melting.  BUT I think I'm learning a lot. 

Simone and I were going to see the opera Carmen tonight at the National Theater, but it was sold out.  So since we had told our families that we would be out for the evening, we decided to see "Captain America."  Another student from school Devon, who happens to be from Arkansas, came with us.  We were going to try to go to the 6 PM 2D version.  It was sold out, so we went to the 6:40 3D version. We were not going to have our plans foiled!  My eyes still aren't quite the same... but I enjoyed the movie.  So there you go... not as many exciting stories without the tours.

1 comment:

Heather Sutherlin said...

Too bad you couldn't see Carmen. I've always wondered how well you would have to know a language to comprehend an opera because when they sing they draw out and sometimes distort words.
Can't wait to see you!