Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The last night at home

The bags are all packed and sitting next to the door in my bedroom. I think I've got both of them under 50 lbs, but just barely. Sarah had to tell me to quit obsessing. I had to give up a couple pairs of sandles and my little Bible (don't worry I still have a Bible with me.) I think between my two checked bags, my backpack and my purse I'm taking 140 lbs of stuff with me to Uruguay. YIKES!!!!

Tonight Krystal threw a going away party for Jonathan, Kelsey, and I. It was really fun. It was nice to get to hang out with everyone for an evening before we left. There were a ton of people here. Luckily the house was clean since people were wandering through seeing the house. Oddly people kept picking up Jonathan (literally, not figuratively). I have been blest with a great group of friends in Abilene. I will miss them, but I'm super excited about my next adventure.

Well I'm going to enjoy my last 5 hours in my bed... boy am I going to miss it!

I can't believe that the next to I blog, I should ACTUALLY be in Montevideo.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

I hope your flight goes well and that you settle in quickly! I'll be counting down the days until my partner-in-crime is back!!